Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hello Summer!

It's been absolutely crazy so far, but summer is here!

I ended the year with decent grades, although Bio could've been better. It's no secret that "Mr. Biology" (as Mom likes to call him) was my least favorite teacher for all of high school, so it's really no surprise that I got a 50 on his final. He insisted that seniors take the final on our last day of class, which was only a little ridiculous considering his decision to show movies every day in class from May 10 (day of the AP exam) to June 3 (day of the final). I guess he thought the logical thing to do was to NOT teach Biology for as long as possible and then see how much we forgot. That test was a lot of fun for me.

Not to worry, I still graduated! Graduation day was really busy and grad night was fun, but it's taken me all week to recover. My grad party was tons of fun too. It was great to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while and spend time with my best friends who I see all the time. The food was yummy and the sun was out, so it was a great party! After everyone left I spent about an hour opening presents and reading cards. I'm so appreciative of everyone who gave me money- money that will hopefully make it to my savings account before I have a chance to spend it- but it was the heartfelt messages that I loved most. As fun as it all was, I'm glad to have all the grad stuff over with. The Stuart household was bustling all weekend and it's nice to have some peace again. I think Lexi would agree.


I leave for the Washington missions trip on Saturday. Our plans have been changing all along the way, but I'm praising God that this trip is actually happening. I definitely didn't expect things to turn out as they have so far when I first signed up to go to Mexico. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories when I get back.

I'm also spending my summer nannying for my neighbors. The boys are 5 and 8 and they are ADORABLE. I couldn't ask for a better summer job; I'm getting paid to play. Today, the 5-year-old and I spent about 45 minutes watching and hiding from the imaginary alligator in the backyard. Last week, I taught them to make friendship bracelets. I'm always trying to come up with creative things to do and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I went a little crazy today with my grad money, but I felt the need to get myself a couple of presents :) I bought a case for my phone, some fleece for a blanket, and tie dye supplies for a whole new set of shirts to wear next week. Necessities, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment