So I absolutely love it here. My first week was BUSY. I had Orientation Sunday-Tuesday which meant tons of icebreakers and awkwardness and way too many speeches to count. The rest of the freshman class moved in on Thursday and since then it's been a blast! I've met a lot of really cool people so far- girls on my floor, the boys downstairs who have Mario Kart on N64, and even a few Nursing friends. Campus is beautiful (for those of you who need some coaxing to come out for a visit, I'll be sure to share some pics soon) and I haven't gotten too lost yet. I live about 1.5 miles off campus with about 40% of the freshman class so we have the privilege of waiting for a bus anytime we want to go to main campus and it's almost always late. It does give us a lot of time to get to know each other since we're all sharing in the common suffering, so I guess it's good for something.
Today's "hurricane" was a disappointment. Living on the West Coast my entire life, I've never experienced a hurricane before. Earl turned out to be just a bunch of rain that hit while half the freshman class was waiting for the bus. An hour later I found myself
still waiting and huddled for warmth under an umbrella shared with 5 other people, many of whom I'd just met. How's THAT for bonding?
Tomorrow's the first football game and I'm pretty excited for the whole D-1 football experience as a student. Classes start Tuesday and I'm still in denial that I actually have responsibility while I'm here. I'm just loving the friends I've made and I'm looking forward to getting to know them all better over the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment