Thursday, May 26, 2011

Glimpses

It's kind of like God just ripped off my blinders, threw them on the floor, and screamed, "Is this what you wanted me to show you? What you've been begging to see?"

I pray often that God would allow me to see people the way He sees them. Sometimes that means loving them for the things they do that really piss me off. Other times it means I come to understand why they are the way the are. And unfortunately, sometimes it means I get to see a little (or a lot) more than I bargained for.

In the last few days I've come to see a lot of hurt in the lives of people I'm close to and care deeply about. My prayer to see the brokenness in my friends' lives has come to fruition and it's been devastating, but absolutely essential. Possibly the hardest part is that I'm seeing the hurt that no one else seems to and I have to make a decision as to what I'm going to do about it. I want to use their brokenness to speak truth into their lives and I fully believe that's why God has been bringing this tough stuff into focus for me. I've been humbled once again by the way He answers my prayers so perfectly, even when the outcome isn't nearly what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment