Lord, put my weary heart at peace. I feel so distant and quite alone. I know you have so much more for me than what I've been tapping into and I'm slowly realizing how much I want that. How much I need that. When all else is stripped away, you are all that will remain. If that's what it takes then please, Lord, strip it all away. All my plans, all my hopes, all my dreams- they are all yours. I want what you want. Leave me with nothing if that's your will and if that's what it will take for me to finally surrender the things I've been clinging to so dearly.
My heart longs to hear your voice of truth. Remind me of my purpose. Tell me again why I'm here. Whisper your words of love in my ear. Speak your purpose for every relationship I have, and give me the strength to live that out. Shout your truth loud and clear above all the lies I'm drowning in. Wipe away my doubts. Shatter my expectations. Destroy my pride. Forgive me for believing I can do it on my own, and for all the times I've legitimately tried.
I'm hungry. Starving, actually. Give me more of you. Meet with me in the most unexpected ways. Surprise me. Grab me out of this pit of staleness and create me anew, brimming with life. I'm restless. I want to know you more, and I want to open my heart to all that you are. Give me divine understanding, that I might be able to see things the way you do. Keep ripping off my blinders so I never lose sight of the things you're doing all around me that are of utmost importance by getting caught up in my own empty pursuits. Make me overwhelmingly aware of the eternal implications of everything I do and let nothing I do be done in vain.
Father, rid me of everything that is not of you. Please, free me from the grasps of my conceit. End this vicious cycle of fading away. Draw me into your light and keep me there. Fill me as I know you can, until I'm overflowing as a wellspring of praise for your glory. Keep feeding this desire to know you more, keep refreshing the hunger so that I'm never quite satisfied. Always thankful, but never satisfied.
Praying for you today, love <3
ReplyDelete