Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Enough

Lord, bring your peace. Calm my anxiety, my frustrations, my fears.

Over and over again, repeating these words. I open my eyes to see the scripture that covers my walls...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  [Jeremiah 29:11]

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  [John 16:33]

"What I'm trying to get you to do here is get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met."  [Matthew 6:31-33, The Message]

The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and waves, and it was completely calm.  [Matthew 8:25-26]

Yes. You are bigger. You are stronger. You have overcome. You are my daily bread. You give me exactly what I need for each moment. Though I sometimes doubt it, you are enough. You are calming the storms I'm caught up in, even as I'm crying out for you to save me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment