Sunday, November 29, 2009

I love my life.

This year, I spent Thanksgiving with parts of both my mom's and dad's sides of the family. That was weird because we've never done that before. Both families have their fair share of drama and that only made things more awkward/entertaining. Anyway, here are pictures of dinner and dessert:





We ate well, to say the least.

I've decided I really like Thanksgiving because it's noncontroversial. Christmas always has been and always will be my favorite holiday, but it can get messy with all the different beliefs. Thanksgiving is a time for all of us to be thankful for what we've been given, whether it's a little or a lot. I love the idea that all over the country, people are celebrating the same thing at the same time. We're completely united in one thing- our history. How often can we say that?

I think about my life to this point and all I have to be thankful for. There are far too many things to list. I'm just glad we have a time each year to focus on something besides ourselves and all the things we "need", especially heading into the Christmas season. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment