Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Always Preparing...

Each step of my life has been focused on preparing me for the next. Preschool to elementary school to middle school to high school. Now I'm getting ready for college. It's weird to think that my life as I've known it is almost over, that I'm almost a 2nd semester Senior, college-bound and ready, once again, for the next step.

These last few months have flown by. Applying for college was a great feeling, but it was even better when the acceptance letters started rolling in. Of the 7 schools I applied to, I got into 6 (still waiting on the 7th). I thought my first choice was Seattle Pacific until a few weeks ago, when I really considered my options. I applied to Boston College as a reach school to see if I could get in and when I was accepted, I started thinking more seriously about it. It's an amazing school and would be a great opportunity to get away from where I've always been. At this point, it's really coming down to SPU or BC. They're so different, but I know I'd be happy at either school. That's the only reason I'm not stressing more about this- I know I'll end up at the right place for me. I'm going to visit BC again this weekend and I'm really looking forward to seeing it for a second time. I have a feeling it'll be completely different this time, knowing it could be where I end up next Fall.

I have no idea what to expect come September, but I'm excited. There's a thrill in doing something without knowing how it might turn out. Going to BC would mean starting from scratch. That's exciting. Then again, maybe SPU is far enough away from home. I don't know. I can't even say I'm leaning toward one school over the other. That's a little frustrating. I thought my decision would be easy- a few weeks ago, I would've said my decision was made. God had other plans, and whether it's because BC is where I belong, or He just wanted me to be a little less confident in myself, I know it'll all work out.

The next few weeks will be action-packed: Fusion sleepover (Lord, help us), then off to Boston, Finals the following week, and then Tucson with one of my very best friends for a birthday weekend. Hopefully I'll come home covered in freckles instead of aloe!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO excited for you, and a little jealous that you get to start college soon. Both schools are great, but I LOVED getting away and meeting all kinds of new people :)

    I know you'll be happy either way! Good luck in Boston, and see if you can talk to a current nursing student at both- they'll give you the best example of what your life will be like.

    ReplyDelete