Friday, March 12, 2010

The Final Verdict

I'm going to Boston College next year! I couldn't be more excited. I think I'm most excited that the whole process is over. It's one of those things that you have to do, but once it's over, it's over- like getting your drivers' license or getting your wisdom teeth out. Applying early to all of my schools was the best decision I ever made. For once I didn't procrastinate and it totally paid off. I have so many friends who applied later and don't hear back until April. That would just stress me out. I'm so glad to not only be done waiting, but to be able to say, "I'm going to Boston College next year". Being decisive is great :)

People seem really surprised that I'm going so far away. I love it here, I'm just ready for something new. I knew I didn't want to go to either Oregon or Oregon State along with half my graduating class. I've gone to school, played sports, and been friends with some of the same kids for the last 12 years. I'm sorry, but I'm kind of sick of them by now. I did high school once, I don't want to do it again. Boston is really far away, but that's okay with me.

The hardest part will be leaving my sister. She's my best friend. I'm going to miss those moments when I realize how similar we are- our embarrassing moments have proven that again and again. I'm going to miss the times we overhear our brother on the phone saying ridiculous things like "Yo dude, wazzup?" because he's just THAT cool, and laughing with her about it later. I'm going to miss "going shopping" in her closet- she may be tiny, but I can always find a handful of things that fit me, and talk her out of being mad when I steal her outfit. I'm going to miss our crazy adventures- getting lost, doing something dangerous, getting hungry, and finding our way back home with stories no one will believe. I'm going to miss our ongoing argument (even in the middle of winter) about who is tanner, since she's the only one I can really compete with. I'm going to miss her so much. Thank goodness for Skype, picture messaging, and the fact that she doesn't get her license until AFTER I leave.

The official count is 52 days left of high school. 52 days of sitting through classes that at this point, don't matter. I can't wait for college. Need I say more?

2 comments: