This past weekend I went on my church's college retreat in New Hampshire and had a blast! A big highlight of the weekend for me was getting to play football and soccer with the boys all afternoon on Saturday (and being sore for 3 days- I get a little competitive), but I promise we were spiritual too :)
The theme was "finding your identity in Christ" and it was an awesome weekend of learning about who God created us to be and what that means for the way we live our lives. I can't say enough good things about all of my new friends at CFCF from BC and the amazing community they've welcomed me into. God is so good!

Some of the BC crew

Freshmen!
It was a great weekend to just get away. A pretty common saying around here is that it's important to "get out of the BC bubble" and I'm glad I got to do that. I wasn't sorry to be missing Halloween weekend, although I'm a little disappointed I missed the homeless man who got into my building on Saturday night and peed in the hallway, and the cop that ran through chasing him. I just really love my dorm (and I'm talking building, not room- that's a WHOLE other story). It feels like I'll be spending more time away this month than here, but I'm looking forward to it all. I'll be in DC this weekend, then I'm going to YoungLife Fall Weekend to be on work crew the weekend before Thankgiving, heading back to Oregon for Thankgiving, and then back here for finals. It's going to be a crazy few weeks, but it's all good stuff.
Well, November's upon us and with that comes so many great things. One of the not-so-great things is the cold, which is already so much colder than I was expecting, and I'm finding out just how unprepared I am. A hat? A warm coat? Real shoes? You mean there's going to be more than 3 inches of snow all winter? This should be interesting. Thank goodness for all the kids from Florida who have never seen snow- they'll make me look like way less of a wuss.
No comments:
Post a Comment